Licensed Restructuring Adviser
Return to our team
Licensed Restructuring Adviser, President of the Management Board of Zimmerman Filipiak Restrukturyzacja S.A. The founder and partner of the Zimmerman i Wspólnicy sp.k. law firm.
A highly-regarded expert in bankruptcy law and restructuring. A leader in the Bankruptcy and Reorganisation Law specialisation in the Ranking of Law Firms of the Rzeczpospolita daily since 2008. Nominated in the ranking of Chambers & Partners Europe 2017 in the Restructuring/Insolvency category (Band 1). Co-author of the new Restructuring Law. A former judge in bankruptcy courts in Warsaw and Szczecin, a long-time judge-commissioner in the biggest bankruptcy proceedings in Poland. He has extensive experience in representing debtors in proceedings whose objective is to come to an arrangement in all procedures possible under the law. He conducted, among others:
- The first and biggest reorganisation proceedings in Poland (one of the biggest meat producers, a big exporter of dairy products, a leading Polish manufacturer of leather goods, a Cracow real property company),
- An arrangement in bankruptcy pursuant to the provisions on property developer insolvency – a voted through liquidation arrangement,
- Successful proceedings to conclude an arrangement of:
- A company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, which offers telecommunications services, call centre and media services through its subsidiaries (over 100 million in debts) – the arrangement was accepted and approved,
- A big road construction company (200 million in debts) – a change in the manner of conducting the proceeding from a liquidation proceeding to an arrangement proceeding; adoption of an arrangement in the course of the proceeding,
- Numerous arrangement proceedings of small and medium businesses.
- Legal services during liquidation proceedings which entailed representation of the interests of the management board of the biggest company on the paper distribution market in Poland,
- He also provided advice in crisis situations to individuals who conducted business activity, small and medium businesses, as well as the biggest Polish companies, by helping their owners and management boards to find optimum solutions for them.
- He conducts and provides consultancy services in proceedings to approve an arrangement, fast-track arrangement proceedings, arrangement and sanation proceedings.
He is the author of five editions of “Komentarz do prawa upadłościowego i naprawczego” [A Commentary on the Bankruptcy and Reorganisation Law”] (Wydawnictwo C.H. Beck, 2007, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017 in preparation). The publications of Piotr Zimmerman appear in Polish and international specialist press. He is an expert and commentator for, among others: Rzeczpospolita, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna and Puls Biznesu. He speaks at conferences on restructuring law, bankruptcy law and reorganisation law, and company law.